Local development with CEO
First, you'll need a few things:
- Access to our private CEO Docker image
Docker is a free download, you will need to contact support for the CEO Docker image.
Using our helper tool, XO, you can easily boot and interact with your CEO Docker image.
- First, install XO by opening terminal and navigating to your template repository. Then paste in the following command and hit return:
curl -s https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.getsnworks.com/local-dev/setup.sh | /bin/bash
- Your site's settings will be in the
xo.yamlfile that's created by the setup command. By default it will create your development site at
http://localhost:8080, but if you want it at a different port, you can change it here.
- To verify that
xowasn't altered in transit, you can verify its hash by typing:
md5 xoThe hash should match:
- After that, to create the Docker image enter:
- And to start it:
- If you don't have a database dump handy, grab your developer export, drop it into your site's root folder and run:
To stop Docker when you're done, type:
With Docker running you can run CEO commands for tasks like adding content to the database, simulating the production environment and other interactions with the headless CEO application.
Running CEO commands is as easy as:
./xo run COMMAND